background

Friday, October 26, 2012

The Liebster Blog Award

Who doesn’t love an award? I received The Liebster Blog Award nomination from my friend Catherine of The Fancy Little Things (http://thefancylittlethings.blogspot.com/). What’s a Liebster Award you ask? Liebster is a German word meaning dearest, and the award is given to up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers who deserve some recognition and support to keep on blogging. Thanks for the nomination Cat!

Here are the rules should you choose to accept:
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 5 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.

So here it goes...

Eleven Facts About Me…
1) I’m originally from Louisiana, and I still love my hometown.
2) I married my college sweetheart.
3) I’m an aspiring health-nut.
4) About 95% of the time I have a sonic cup in my hand.
5) Johnny’s pizza is my favorite pizza place ever, and if you want to be my best friend you could bring me one from my homeland.
6) The first time I flew in an airplane was on my honeymoon 3 years ago.
7) I’m a mom to two beautiful fur children. Ginger and Benton are my pup’s names.
8) I took voice lessons as a child.
9) I still dream of going to beauty school or becoming a Kindergarten teacher.
10) I had spinal meningitis when I was about 18 months old.
11) I have a memory like an elephant.

11 Questions Catherine gave me…
1) How would you describe your personal style? I would say my style is effortless. I try to do simple pieces and not think too much about it. I own ALOT of black and basics. Things that make it easy to wear with different pieces, such as Minnetonka fringe boots, or a leopard cardigan.

2) Where is your favorite place to shop? That changes with the wind. Places I ooze over and just lovingly lust over their products would be Sephora, & Anthropologie. The places that I find most of my everyday looks would be Target, Forever 21, and Old Navy. Have you noticed I can’t just give a one-word answer?

3) What fashion/beauty related item can you not live without and why? I love my LaMer wrap watch, it’s worn grey leather with chains. I throw it on with almost everything.

4) What piece of clothing makes you feel most attractive and why? I always feel super slender in my maxi skirts. I have a black one and a black/white stripe one. I’m a curvy girl and I feel like they show my curves in a flattering way.

5) What is your number one beauty secret? Me…Beauty Secret? I can’t really say that I have one. I am pretty faithful to brands and even though I like to try things I stick with what I like and know. With that being said, something I’ve stuck with for years is that I wash my face with bar Dove soap. It’s mild and gentle for my skin and keeps it clear.

6) How do you wear your hair when in a hurry and short on time? High buns and braids are my friends. My hair is long though, and holds curls pretty well, so sometimes I can run my fingers through it, freshen up with some hairspray and my curls are just wavy enough to look like I fixed it.

7) Who is your favorite musician and why? I’ve never ever been good with answering questions about music. I don’t really say that I have a particular genre or type. I have always loved really calming music, and The Civil Wars does just that for me these days. All of their music is perfection.

8) If you could play any instrument what would it be and why? I think I would have to choose the piano. It’s soothing. I would love to be able to play while my husband sings. He has an amazing voice.

9) If crafting was your career what item or items would you make to sell? Lately I’ve done a lot with window panes. I think I would expand to more re-purposing and would love to do furniture.

10) How would you describe your home decorating style? I love things that have a story or look old, but I also love to tie in warm, cozy and inviting new things. I have an appreciation for natural woods and rustic things without looking like I live in a cabin. ;)

11) If you had an unlimited budget, what location would you choose for a week of vacation and why? My husband I have always talked about going to Australia. It's sort of our dream vacation...one day! :)

My 11 Questions For My Blog Nominees
1) If you could have any career in the world, with no limits, what would you be doing?
2) What would you say is your go-to recipe when you don’t have much time to think about dinner?
3) What is your favorite season?
4) If your house was on fire and you only had time to grab 3 things, what would you grab?
5) What is your favorite trend about today’s style/fashion and what is your least favorite trend?
6) What is your favorite TV Show?
7) Do you have a favorite makeup product or favorite hair care product?
8) What is most important to you in life?
9) What is your favorite piece of jewelry and where did you get it?
10) If you could start a non-profit company, funding any cause you wish, what would yours be?
11) If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would you choose to live?

The Five Blogs I Nominate
1) My sweet, creative friend Nitzia of Nitzia’s Designs (http://nitziasdesigns.blogspot.com/)
2) The adorable and talented Katherine of Love is in the Hair (http://loveisinthehair.blogspot.com/)
3) Beautiful sister-in-law and friend Brooke of Perfectly Imperfect Life as the Hayes Family (http://lifeasthehayes.blogspot.com/)
4) Lovely college friend Amy of Double the Blessing (http://doubletheblessingadamsfamily.blogspot.com)
5) Kind-hearted and loving Whitney of Life is Messy (http://livinginthemess.blogspot.com/)

I hope you enjoyed this little fun award, and I can't wait to see the responses from the blogs I nominated! Such a fun way to encourage bloggers. Have a great Friday!

Carly

No comments:

Post a Comment